What I have in mind is basically having two parallel trees - one for
matching, one for scoring.
Matching tree is completely independent and can be used as a filter
with sort-by-field approach, for example.
Scoring tree nodes have references to corresponding matching tree
nodes, so they can exploit their "current state".

Both trees are built with a visitor over some AST produced from
textual query, or programmatically.
So what you have to do is to write said visitors. Some of the basic
scorers can be reused by your custom visitor, so voila - we have nice
extensibility by composition, instead of extensibility by inheritance
(which sucks). Also, all this custom code is gathered in a single
class, instead of being spread over your query derivatives.
This is not a final design, lots of things can differ. I.e. - trees
don't have to be parallel. If we want some query branch to not affect
the score, but do matching, we're currently wrapping it in
ConstantScoreQuery, in my design the matcher tree will look as is, but
corresponding scorer tree branch will be replaced by ConstantScore.