It is deprecated!

Mostly I was trying to better understand the specifics of what "expungeDeletes"
means, and so was looking at the codebase.  In terms of the actual impact of
doing expungeDeletes, it seems like it's a "mini" optimize that you would use
in an environment where you are indexing and deleting documents rapidly, and
don't want file size to grow too quickly, yet can't afford the cost of frequent
optimize operations?

Eric