Hi Benson,

If you use String#format without an explicit Locale, its forbidden because not
platform independent, which is a requirement for an library like Lucene. If you
really know for sure that you want to use the default locale, add
Locale.getDefault() explicit. Forbidden checker mentions that fact when it
reports the error.
Lucene 5 (trunk) is based on Java 7, Lucene 4 is based on Java 6.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen