On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 8:47 AM, Uwe Schindler <u...@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> And let's also move trunk to Java 8 then.
>
> My suggestion is either:
> - Backport all Java 8 changes from trunk to 4.x (and reassign fix versions to
> 4.8)

Assuming you mean java7, +1 :)

> - Or re-branch trunk to branch_4x, incorporating *all* changes from trunk (so
> "svn rm branch_4x; svn cp trunk branch_4x")

I don't want this: there are some api problems to be resolved in
trunk. I am unhappy about StoredDocument/IndexableDocument, which is
intended to remove the confusion around "not getting your whole
document back" when things arent stored: because docvalues fields
appear in the stored document. so this really needs to be sorted out.