Hello,
My name is Ivan Biggs and I'm very interested in working with Lucene for my
Google Summer of Code Project. I've a lot of the4 relevant documentation
and currently have my eye on the issue found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-466?filter=12326260&jql=labels%20%3D%20gsoc2014%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open

My only concern is that I want to be sure that this issue would be
considered adequate work for a project in of itself or if I should plan on
tackling perhaps two of these type of issues. Furthermore, if anyone could
point me in the direction of a possible future mentor, it'd be much
appreciated as I'm not quite sure why this particular issue has an assignee
listed. Also, since Apache doesn't have any sort of template or similar
guidelines for proposal submissions available, any general help or advice
as to what sort of standards I should be adhering to would be great too!

Thanks,
Ivan