On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 18:56 +0100, "Manuel Gonzalo" <gonz...@strands.com>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> while investigating SolrCloud for our distributed search needs  I can't
> seem to find the means to perform distributed writes/updates ...
> Distributed access to data is available but from what I understood each
> node has to be accessed independently in order to write/update a value.
>
> Is this so or am I missing something?
>
> Thanks in advance,

As I understand it, distributed write is a TODO as a part of SolrCloud.

It would require a ShardStrategy interface, and probably a default
interface that simply does a MOD shard_count on the document ID.

Also, it would have to split incoming posts and distrubute amongst
shards (an incoming block of 500 documents would maybe end up as 5 posts
of 100 if we had five shards).

Upayavira