On Fri, 2014-04-25 at 12:55 +0200, Mark Miller wrote:
> Too avoid distributed deadlock.

Ah. I did not consider that.

> It would be better to add support for setting an internal port and
> using two thread pools - before 5x though, that would be a fairly
> unfriendly out of the box solution for non jetty containers.

It is very simple in tomcat to add another connector with a given
maxThreads, but of course it still involves editing a file that is
otherwise not touched. I can see why that might be a problem. I do not
know how difficult it is in other Web containers.

Do you know if a limitation on threads is on the radar for Solr 5?

Thank you,
Toke Eskildsen, State and Univeristy Library, Denmark