Hello.

 SolrCloud has been out for a while now.

However, there are still many installations running Solr4 in the
traditional master-slave setup.

 Currently, the Solr Master is the single point of failure of most
master-slave deployment.

This could be easily addressed by having :

 a- 2 independents Solr Masters running side-by-side and being fed
simultaneously,

b- all slaves configured with masterUrl=masterUrl01,masterUrl02 (needs to
be implemented)

c- by default, masterUrl01 will be used by all slaves.

d- When the slaves catch an exception (like NoRouteToHostException or
ConnectionTimedOutException etc), they will retry a couple of times before
switching to using masterUrl02.

 I suppose you have thought about this issue before.

So I would like to know whether there are issues with such a simple
solution.

This could also help deploy Solr across 2 different data-centers.

 Thank you very much.

 Arcadius.