The vote for Lucene/Solr 4.9 is underway and we need to get the Solr Ref
Guide updated for the new release.

I went through the CHANGES.txt for Solr on Friday and updated the TODO list
found at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Internal+-+TODO+List. I
notice that many of the new features or changes in 4.9 haven't been
documented in the Ref Guide yet. We need some volunteers to work on
updating the guide before we can make a Ref Guide release candidate for 4.9.

If you look at the TODO list, you'll see lots of stuff from earlier
releases that haven't made it into the guide yet either. If we want users
to be able to use the work we've done for each release, and if we want the
Ref Guide to be a definitive source of Solr information, we have to add
content on new features and keep content up to date as things change.

Please take a few moments and see if there is anything you can add or
change. If you need help with wording or don't know where something should
go, speak up and I'll try to help.

Cassandra