Only in the last month or so did I learn that -Dtests.iters doesn't
really "work".  What I mean is in regards to randomization.  Each
iteration currently is *exactly* the same as far as randomization
(each iteration uses the same master seed).  And because of this, I
understand that different people have their own "beasting" scripts
that run the test essentially N times from a shell to force different
seeds in each iteration.

Why not create a different seed for each iteration when -Dtests.iters
is used?  This way the test would still spit out a reproducible run
line for a specific iteration, but each iteration would have good
randomization (so trying to hit a rare bug could be done with
-Dtests.iters).

I'm curious if there is history here as to why test iters is done this
way, or what peoples opinions are on moving towards the approach I
suggested above.

Thanks!
Ryan