On 10/17/2014 8:50 AM, Cp Mishra wrote:
So, we changed the logic to:

-Read SolrInputDocument objects from stream in batches of 500.

-Add  documents to ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer instance

-Index documents in a loop

This has improved indexing speed significantly.

What are the caveats to this approach?

Thinking back to when we were having deadlock problems with heavy indexing on SolrCloud, I seem to recall that one of the experts said that SolrCloud already does batch the documents, only it was 10 at a time. I also seemed to remember that making the batch size configurable was discussed, but I don't know how discussion ended. Am I remembering incorrectly?

I'm not familiar with the actual code for this part of Solr at all.

Thanks,
Shawn