Hi - I wanted to check if folks would be okay with removing the "final"
modifier from 4 methods (i.e. computeNorm,computeWeight, exactSimScorer
and sloppySimScorer) in Lucene's TFIDFSimilarity class. It doesn't look
like allowing to override these methods would have any negative
implications on the function of this class. Yet it'd enable us tune the
tf-idf scoring provided by this class to better serve our needs.

I've logged a Jira issue for this: LUCENE-6023
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-6023>. If folks don't have
any objection, I've a patch ready and can upload it.

Thanks,
Hamid