Thanks Hoss,

Ah, I didn't look at the timestamps on those revisions!

Personally, I'd prefer having the default set to false rather than true
because people don't always read the entire config file, but if there has
been discussion for several years, and its been decided to leave it enabled
in the example solrconfig.xml  I'll go along with it.

However, it might be good to fix the documentation for 4.10  because it
contradicts the code.
The current documentation 4.10 ref guide says it is " disabled by default"
which apparently has not been true for several years.  I just put a comment
in the current ref guide to this effect.

Tom