Thanks Shawn. You were right, this was a user error.

Turned out that I was using read-only http access for svn_5x, but when
5_0 branch was announced I just copying the url from the email without
realizing it was committers' https url.

I re-checked out with http and the problem gone away for now. I'll
deal with certificates later.

Thanks again,
   Alex.
----