I'm not really a windows user so I don't really know what's a fix for the
paths with a space. May be we can either fix it or document the way to use
it so that this doesn't happen (put the path in quotes or something?). The
worst case, we should document that it doesn't work in such cases and the
steps from there on.

Leaving it as is would be a problem for users as they wouldn't even have a
way to get around, with all the documentation about the traditional way of
starting/stopping Solr yanked from the Ref guide.

P.S.: I'll do whatever is in my hands to get this out soon, but can't
promise on that. You would have an RC though :-).

--
Anshum Gupta
http://about.me/anshumgupta