> On Feb 14, 2015, at 1:46 PM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar <shalinman...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Particularly frequent are the failures from NoHttpResponseException. Do you
> know why?

This used to happen, but very rarely. It was a more common in the issue where I
took out the httpclient stale check out (not committed).

Some change by someone not long ago (jetty 9? a change from the backup issue?
IDK) made it start failing always on Windows and more commonly on even linux
Jenkins runs (my local checkouts have been fine).

Currently, the only thing we can do is retry on these exceptions.

In these particular tests, it’s probably happening much more easily because of
the Jetty Proxy stuff.

It means the full update has been sent and we got no response - so we don’t
know if the request was received or not. It can and will happen, probably
because of the connection pool stuff, there seems to be no way to eliminate it
entirely that I have found. But it’s rare enough we normally do not have to
consider - for the jetty proxy tests though, we probably have to look at more
retries (i put some in the tests that helped when I was removing the httpclient
stale check, but it didn’t seem to help whatever is happening here now).

- Mark

http://about.me/markrmiller