> On Apr 15, 2015, at 2:04 PM, Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Timothy Potter <thelabd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What post release step are you referring to?
>
> Urgh, you're right ... I thought the steps were listed but they are not.
>
> OK indeed this was split out from addVersion.py to a new
> addBackCompatIndices.py ... so the ReleaseTodo needs to be updated to
> reflect this.

I’m on it - Tim’s giving a talk at Apachecon today - break a leg Tim! - so I’m
helping out.

I’ve run addBackCompatIndexes.py on branch_5x and trunk and committed the
results.  I think for major releases we don’t always do this on the release
branch until after we know there will be a point release, so I didn’t run the
script on lucene_solr_5_1.

If we do decide to release a 5.1.1, someone will have to first run
"addVersion.py 5.1.1" on lucene_solr_5_1 before "addBackCompatIndexes.py 5.1.0"
will succeed, since it runs TestBackwardsCompatibility with the generated
indexes, and TestBackwardsCompatibility.testAllVersionsTested() will fail if
Version.LATEST is among the indexes.

I’ll update ReleaseTodo and add a comment about addBackCompatIndexes.py to
TestBackwardsCompatibility.java.

Steve