That test utility class was ported (copied) from Spatial4j.  As a copy, it
could be modified to extend LTC.  Ideally, Spatial4j would publish the test
JAR so that this could have been used without copying it (which will be
addressed in the next release; Nick fixed this)… although then extending
LTC wouldn’t be an option then any way.