From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bode...@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:37 AM
To: lucene-net-...@lucene.apache.org
Subject: IKVM (or rather OpenJDK) License Problem

Hi,

sorry I started this before doing my homework.  If we took the IKVM
route Lucene.NET's binary distribution could not bundle the OpenJDK
derived DLLs.  They are licensed as GPL2 + Classpath Exception[1] which
is part of the list of explicitly prohibited licenses for ASF
distributions[2].

This would mean users had to download the DLL from the IKVM site
themselves which sounds pretty inconvient.

Stefan

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ikvm/index.php?title=License

[2] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x