I didn't see any discussion on if we should commit to that branch or not
and don't know if we have a general policy.  My thought process was:
- If there ends up being a 5.2.2 release, it would be nice to have that in
- If there doesn't end up being a 5.2.2 release, no real harm
- The code is fresh in my mind, better to put it in now rather than wait
until a release is decided or not

Greg