From: Noble Paul [mailto:noble.p...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 3:20 PM
To: Lucene Dev
Subject: Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

I would like to start the process ASAP.  I volunteer to be the RM.  Please let
me know the list of tickets you would like to include in the release and we can
coordinate the rest

On Sep 8, 2015 2:32 AM, "Shawn Heisey" <apa...@elyograg.org> wrote:

On 9/5/2015 10:43 PM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar wrote:
> +1 for a 5.3.1 -- seems like there are some serious bugs around the
> new security module.

Since I'm not on the PMC, I don't know whether my vote counts, but I
vote +1.

SOLR-6188 is a simple patch that fixes a very confusing error that our
more advanced users have reported.  I haven't yet committed the change,
so it could go to either the 5.3 branch or branch_5x.

If we are going ahead with 5.3.1, my plan is to commit it there, subject
to approval by the RM.

Thanks,
Shawn