Welcome Nick!

From: dev@lucene.apache.org At: Oct 20 2015 18:40:25
To: luc...@mikemccandless.com
Cc: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Welcome Nick Knize as Lucene/Solr committer

Thanks for the honor to join such a talented group!

Brief Bio:  I started as a Meteorology major in undergrad. After the
Meteorology program bored me with colored pencils and paper maps (but rocking a
FORTRAN class) I switched to Computer Science. I received a CS Bachelor's and
Master's focused on Computer Vision. Interestingly I was first exposed to
Lucene/Solr in 2006 while working on a proprietary Remote Geospatial Imaging
System. After a "fun" detour through the land of Oracle Spatial integration and
MongoDB and Accumulo core development I finished a PhD in GIS focused on high
dimension spatial Indexing. With sights set on working with the open source
community I joined Elasticsearch 1 year ago this November which brings me here.
I currently live in Dallas, TX with my Wife, 3 Kids, and a Dog and when my face
is not behind a monitor I plant it either behind a drum kit, on a hockey rink,
or in the park with the family.

I look forward to continuing to virtually work with many of you and hope to
meet many at conferences and meetups.

Thanks again!

- Nick

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 11:50 AM, Michael McCandless