+1 for making new facet sorts easier to implement.  I implemented an order
where the come back in order they are first seen in the doclist, but it
didn't come out very clean.  My approach was to extend FacetComponent, and
resort the facets by pulling them out of the results and putting them back
(after hacking facet.limit to get them all).  Some sort of plugin behavior
for it would be great, but I expect there are some complexities with it.
Anyway I'd be interested to hear about good ways to do this.