On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Sanne Grinovero
<sanne.grinov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> Is there any update on the 3.1 status?
> I'm really looking forward to it :)

Yes, we are currently in the feature freeze, but it seems to be coming in shape.

I'm planning on creating the release branch this weekend and getting
our first RC out Sunday (Steven Rowe volunteered to help with the
maven side, thanks!).

If you want to help, for example you can checkout the lucene code from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/branch_3x/lucene/
then you can run 'ant clean dist dist-src' and inspect the artifacts
it puts in the dist/ folder and report any problems.

If everyone waits until we build an RC before reviewing how things
look and reporting problems, its going to significantly slow down the
release process as generating RC's for both lucene and solr at the
moment is.... nontrivial (which is why Steven and I have set aside
this day to try to build RC1, if the vote doesn't pass it might be
weeks before we have the time to build RC2).