I agree especially with decision making, or things that would benefit
the whole community.  (I generally prefer e-mail, but lists or groups
can be overwhelming or suffer from information overload at times).

There are also variety of people out there. Some are those who only
respond well to real-time human interaction and would never use a
mailing list. Some even requiring all communication to be in person.
Not opening up various channels of communication can equally
discriminate against them.

Even if myself or some else has to spend time entering the jira,
putting it on the site, or bringing it back to the list, thats better
than not receiving that feedback altogether.

@Digy.

There should never be any secret meetings, people causing divides,
setting policy, making decisions that affect everyone, or pulling
people aside or any of that kind of stuff in chat.  I'd prefer to
continue to believe that the people on here so far are above that.

If someone brings up something that should be placed somewhere else,
then they need to be kindly and tactfully asked to do so. Or hopefully
myself or someone else will at least capture the question/bug/ etc and
put it in the right place. Its no different than asking someone to
creating a jira when on the mailing list for a bug.

This should be water cooler talk, quick one off questions, questions
that would fog up the list (i.e. sending images back and forth with
nasser for the cms site. asking people where are they from, what do
they do outside of this list, etc). Interacting with people who might
never subscribe to the list, but need help all the same.

- Michael