Solr plugin story is muddy enough as it is. Plugins are hard to find,
share. So, in my eyes, breaking them is not a big effect as if we had
a big active registry.

I guess this is opening the brackets, not the original issue. Feel
free to treat that as an invitation for a separate discussion, in an
its own thread at any point.

Regards,
   Alex.
----