I don't think there is a current plan to change how we do business. Just a
change in where the master copy is hosted.

We already have JIRA, dev, commit procedures, and integration with GitHub
pull requests. All that will stay the same. No need to overthink it.

- Mark

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 4:18 PM Jack Krupansky <jack.krupan...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Will anybody be able to create a pull request and then only committers
> perform the merge operation? (I presume so, but... just for clarity,
> especially for those not git-savvy yet.)
>
> Would patches still be added to Jira requests, or simply a link to a pull
> request? (Again, I presume the latter, but the details of "submitting a
> patch" should be clearly documented.)
>
> Then there is the matter of code review and whether to encourage comments
> in Jira. Comments can be made on pull requests, but should some external
> tool like reviewable.io be encouraged?
>
> -- Jack Krupansky
>
> On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 4:54 PM, Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We have done almost all of the work necessary for a move and I have filed
>> an issue with INFRA.
>>
>> LUCENE-6937: Migrate Lucene project from SVN to Git.
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-6937
>>
>> INFRA-11056: Migrate Lucene project from SVN to Git.
>>
>> Everyone knows about rebase and linear history right ;)
>>
>> - Mark
>> --
>> - Mark
>> about.me/markrmiller