So, we do the switch, right? Seeing the discussions and conflicting
arguments/ preferences I'm no longer that enthusiastic about the whole
ordeal... it feels like we're trying to disturb people in their work.
Sigh. Anyway, if this experiment doesn't work we *can* revert. It's
not the end of the world.

I would like everyone to help a bit by:

1) disabling their CI builds (Jenkins); Uwe -- could you do it on Apache?

2) the svn->git conversion takes time (fetching SVN revisions) and
incremental mode doesn't play well for some reason... Can I set the
"last commit to SVN" date to:

## Friday, 23:59 UTC (that's 4pm PST, if you live on the West coast)? ##

Then I could start the process to run overnight and start Saturday
morning (CET). You can always create a patch and apply it to git if
you can't make this deadline?

3) I'll perform the migration and coordinate with Infra (Daniel), hopefully
everything is going to be smooth.

4) I'll apply Mark's build patches to the git repo (master, branch_5x), once
it's moved.

5) restoring Jenkinses (with configuration changes) and helping in
getting them to run smoothly would be, again, very much appreciated.

I haven't written those "git introductory steps" yet, but I'll try to
get to it during the weekend.

Dawid