: +1 for keeping the repo name but perhaps we could drop the "git: " prefix?
:
: Without the prefix the subject would still be fairly distinguishable
: from the "svn commit" emails such as "svn commit: r1731559 -
: /lucene/cms/trunk/content/extpaths.txt" (assuming the svn commit emails
: keep their existing format).

My concern was that w/o "git" explicitly in the subject somewhere, it
would be hard to setup simple filter rules for some folks since
"lucene-solr" can appear in other subjects ... but i suppose the fact that
we have an explicit commits@lucene list for these emails makes that
concern moot since that can be part of whatever filter rule folks might
use.

Anybody else feel strongly about leaving "git:" in the subject?

: Looks good to me. I'd keep the repo name regardless of whether it's
: the main repo or not.

I agree -- i know a lot of people who work on multiple projects but filter
all "commit" related emails to a single folder, nd being able to tell at a
glance which projust a message refers to is useful (let alone if/when we
add future git repos)

Any other concerns/opinions before i mover forward with contacting infra?

One other thing i recently realized is that tag creation notification
emails don't seem to follow the current pattern at all, note this email...

Subject: [lucene-solr] Git Push Summary
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-commits/201602.mbox/%3c4bb21471466f4701ba9452b739acb...@git.apache.org%3E

...I'll ask infra about getting those to conform to the same
subject pattern.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/