Hey there,

welcome to Lucene :), good to hear you are interested in Lucene and GSoC!

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 4:49 AM, Vinicius Paes de barros
<viniciuspaesdebar...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Hi there,
> I heard about GSOC from a friend of mine at college and I decide I want to
> participate this year. I already used Lucene before, so Lucene sounds like a
> good place to start.
> I went through the JIRA projects, but I couldn't find something I feel like
> writing a proposal to, maybe I don't have enough knowledge yet about how
> Lucene is implemented internally. So I started looking at the wiki, but I'm
> not sure whether it contains all the info I need.
> Is there any other place I should be looking at to learn more about Lucene's
> internal design?
We don't have a lot of design documents and if there are any they
might be most likely outdated. I think the best documentation is the
code and the people who have written it. If you wanna dive into lucene
you should ask as many questions you need to ask and get all the info
out of us. We are usually around every day depending on the timezones
though so you either go and write emails or you join our IRC channel
#lucene on freenode (http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/irc.html)
Is there anything particular that you are interested in like indexing,
search, analysis etc?

simon