On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Michael McCandless
<luc...@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Yonik Seeley
> <yo...@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
>
>> Currently, supplying a filter to IndexSearcher.search() assumes that
>> it's cheaper to run than the main query.
>
> Wait, where do we assume that?

After a match, we always skip on the filter first.

> Also, why stop at 2 filters?  Ie I may have 3 filters plus a query to
> AND, and I want to control their order.

Multiple filters could be combined into a single one via ChainedFilter, etc.

> What's the use case behind this...?

Optimizing cases where filters might be more expensive than the main query ;-)

-Yonik
http://www.lucenerevolution.org -- Lucene/Solr User Conference, May
25-26, San Francisco