Thanks Adrien,

I created ticket SOLR-9027 for this. The basic idea is to provide a lever
for performing graph traversals that skip high frequency nodes.

The thought about adding param on edismax for this so it could be used as a
more general on-the-fly stop list, but that looked a lot harder. And
edismax has been around awhile and nobody asked for it. So my plan is to
follow the basic approach that you mention.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/