> sorry, since you were talking about the charsequence api to builder, i
> assumed for a second you were working with chars/Strings, and forgot
> about how this is confusingly mixed with, yet distinct from, the whole
> BYTE1/BYTE4 selection in builder :)

I am working with strings because that's what the Lookup API is
providing... which I think should change, but it's something for
another round of patches. The BYTE1/BYTE4 is confusing and I believe
at least some sort of documentation should be added there to clarify
what it's for and how
it should be used.  Again -- something to clarify as part of another task.

I should have that Lookup impl. ready tomorrow, had to reiterate over
certain things first and it took me longer than expected.

Dawid