Welcome Alex!

----- Original Message -----
From: dev@lucene.apache.org
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
At: 08/07/16 06:15:24

Thank you everybody. I can confirm that I can add myself the whoweare
page. I am looking forward to gaining similar privileges to the JIRA
and the Reference Guide.

I can say that I am extremely excited to be given the committer
privileges. I have dabbled with Solr from a version as early as 1.x
and have been focusing on it as of several years ago. I have been in
the IT field for more than 20 years doing many different things and
felt Solr would be a perfect project through which to contribute back
to the community with my coding, tech support, and (ESL...) technical
writing skills. With an opportunity several years ago to publish a
book about Solr, my Solr Start website, and now this, I feel I have
reached that stage when I am starting to pay forward to all those
people who helped me adopt and enjoy the IT career over the years.
Including many of them in this very community, who have welcomed me at
the conferences and in private emails, shared their own Solr stories
and advice and encouraged my contributions.

I feel my strongest skills are of being a generalist and of dealing
with less-technical users. A good part of that was learned through a -
rather painful - role as a senior relationship engineer at BEA, where
I supported and troubleshooted multiple releases of multi-million-line
Java codebases of BEA products (Weblogic primarily). These days, I
enjoy working with people new to Solr and seeing their imagination
catch when they finally understand the project's power and potential
benefits within their application stacks.

So, I am planning to continue contributing to Solr's onboarding
experience, better tooling integration, easier learning curve, and
other popularization activities. To that effect, if anybody needs any
help with those aspects of their Solr subsystem, feel free to reach
out to me directly.

Regards,
    Alex

----