[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9665?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]
Luke P Warwick updated SOLR-9665:
---------------------------------
Description:
As a person, I need facet values to be in predictable, intuitive spots so that
I can quickly and easily find the values that are appropriate to me.
Problem Statement: Today Solr has two default facet sort orders, neither of
which provides predictable, intuitive facet value orders for people when the
values start with numbers.
Goal: Address the problem where index sorts facet values how a computer would
rather than how a human would. This is very problematic for E-commerce facets
like 'size' and 'tire width'
Acceptance Criteria:
1.
2. Capitalization should NOT impact sort order.
currently index sorts facets that start with lower case below all facets that
start with upper case. Many brands (for reasons unknown to me) start their
brand name with a lower case letter (while I would like to punish these brands
for this foolishness, I don't want to punish the innocent customers of these
brands).
Example:
Today: Marmot,Patagonia,Smith,Zoot,majola,prAna
Desired: majola,Marmot,Patagonia,prAna,Smith,Zoot
was:
As a person, I need facet values to be in predictable, intuitive spots so that
I can quickly and easily find the values that are appropriate to me.
Problem Statement: Today Solr has two default facet sort orders, neither of
which provides predicatable, intuitive facet value orders for people.
Goal: Address two areas where index sorts facet values how a computer would
rather than how a human would. Both are really problematic for very common
E-commerce facets like size and brand.
1. Numbers need to be sorted from lowest to highest.
Currently Index sorts facets 1,11,14,2,21,3,30...
Numbers should be sorted 1,2,3,11,14,21,30 and so on
2. Capitalization should NOT impact sort order.
currently index sorts facets that start with lower case below all facets that
start with upper case. Many brands (for reasons unknown to me) start their
brand name with a lower case letter (while I would like to punish these brands
for this foolishness, I don't want to punish the innocent customers of these
brands).
Example:
Today: Marmot,Patagonia,Smith,Zoot,majola,prAna
Desired: majola,Marmot,Patagonia,prAna,Smith,Zoot
> Facet Values Sort Order: Add 3rd choice: Alpha-Numeric Sort
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>
> Key: SOLR-9665
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9665
> Project: Solr
> Issue Type: New Feature
> Security Level: Public(Default Security Level. Issues are Public)
> Components: faceting
> Reporter: Luke P Warwick
>
> As a person, I need facet values to be in predictable, intuitive spots so
> that I can quickly and easily find the values that are appropriate to me.
> Problem Statement: Today Solr has two default facet sort orders, neither of
> which provides predictable, intuitive facet value orders for people when the
> values start with numbers.
> Goal: Address the problem where index sorts facet values how a computer would
> rather than how a human would. This is very problematic for E-commerce
> facets like 'size' and 'tire width'
> Acceptance Criteria:
> 1.
> 2. Capitalization should NOT impact sort order.
> currently index sorts facets that start with lower case below all facets that
> start with upper case. Many brands (for reasons unknown to me) start their
> brand name with a lower case letter (while I would like to punish these
> brands for this foolishness, I don't want to punish the innocent customers of
> these brands).
> Example:
> Today: Marmot,Patagonia,Smith,Zoot,majola,prAna
> Desired: majola,Marmot,Patagonia,prAna,Smith,Zoot
--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]