I’m not fond of polling for performance stats. I’d rather have the app report
them.

We could integrate existing Jetty monitoring:

http://metrics.dropwizard.io/3.1.0/manual/jetty/
<http://metrics.dropwizard.io/3.1.0/manual/jetty/>

From our experience with a similar approach, we might need some Solr-specific
metric
conflation. SolrJ sends a request to /solr/collection/handler as
/solr/collection/select?qt=/handler.
In our code, we fix that request to the intended path. We’ve been running a
Tomcat metrics search
filter for three years.

Also, see:

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8785>