On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 5, 2011, at 10:25 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>
>> 3.  Those who think most should be modularized, but realize it's a ton of
>> work for an unproven gain (although most admit it is a highly likely gain)
>> and should be handled on a case-by-case basis as people do the work.   I
>> don't have anything against modularization, I just know, given my schedule,
>> I won't be able to block off weeks of time to do it.  I'm happy to review
>> where/when I can.
>
> +1. From what I have gathered, Grant and I come down pretty much on the same
> page on most of this stuff. Yeah, that mean's I'm reevaluating my position :)
> but seems to be the case.

so this is one thing I really don't understand. you say you are in the
3rd camp. Guys in that camp have not much time to do the work but
still are not willing to sign up for what we want to modularize.
Nobody asks you to do the work I only ask you to say ok I think this
is good and NOT sitting in the way blocking others. This is really
what the 3rd camp is about to me but maybe I miss-understand something
here.

Again you are saying you are not in camp 1 but you want to still
fiddle around with long discussion before we get anything done (and
eventually be against it - nothing personal) because you don't have
enough time to fit stiff in your schedule. This makes no sense to me.
That case by case stuff makes me sick. Lets put some goals out and say
ok this makes sense in a module this doesn't and let folks work on it.
We need some agreement here and I think we have written enough emails
to make our points. I think we should agree on a set of things and
once we are there we can talk again. Dreams vs. Babysteps!

Lets settle on something now, today or next week and stop this wast of
time. I am happy with an agreement that we don't factor anything out.
all remains in solr but we need to move here! After all these
discussion I don't have any motivation to work on it anyway. I think I
need to step back for a while along those lines!

simon