Found open https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3978 related to this.

From: dev@lucene.apache.org At: 01/23/17 22:45:54
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html vs. mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html?

I suggest that we skip the auto redirect and build a better Downloads landing
page (automatically from /doap.rdf, including links to RefGuide) and instead of
the redirect we display a download button which links to closer.lua with latest
version.

--
Jan Høydahl

Den 23. jan. 2017 kl. 17.07 skrev Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)