I started backporting some changes. Please find below the list of changes
we have in 5.5.4 for now. Uwe, do you think we should try to backport
LUCENE-7651 too?

* LUCENE-7417: The standard Highlighter could throw an
IllegalArgumentException when
  trying to highlight a query containing a degenerate case of a
MultiPhraseQuery with one
  term.  (Thomas Kappler via David Smiley)

* LUCENE-7657: Fixed potential memory leak in the case that a
(Span)TermQuery
  with a TermContext is cached. (Adrien Grand)

* LUCENE-7647: Made stored fields reclaim native memory more aggressively
when
  configured with BEST_COMPRESSION. This could otherwise result in
out-of-memory
  issues. (Adrien Grand)

* LUCENE-7562: CompletionFieldsConsumer sometimes throws
  NullPointerException on ghost fields (Oliver Eilhard via Mike McCandless)

* LUCENE-7543: Make changes-to-html target an offline operation, by moving
the
  Lucene and Solr DOAP RDF files into the Git source repository under
  dev-tools/doap/ and then pulling release dates from those files, rather
than
  from JIRA. (Mano Kovacs, hossman, Steve Rowe)

* SOLR-9819: Upgrade commons-fileupload to 1.3.2, fixing a potential
vulnerability CVE-2016-3092 (Anshum Gupta)

* SOLR-10031: Validation of filename params in ReplicationHandler
(Hrishikesh Gadre, janhoy)