On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 03:09:31PM -0400, Michael McCandless wrote:
>> Yeah I agree... build failures should be as annoying as possible ;)
>
> Congratulations -- mission accomplished!  They are certainly annoying to me,
> and probably to anyone else subscribed to dev who isn't a committer.

Marvin, I'm not sure you can really assume that. If a test fails
anyone who wants to contribute can look at the failure and try to
create a jira issue/patch, I don't think they need to be a committer.

Additionally due to the nature of our tests, anyone who wants to
contribute to the project can simply download the tests and try to
find failures, opening jira issues for ones that they find (for
example selckin does this, and has found a lot of good ones lately).

If you don't care about tests at all, you can easily filter this stuff
with your email client by looking for [JENKINS].