As per Apache policy the sigs or hashes should NOT be mirrored, see also
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6848>

You can trust that it is an Apache committer who signed the artifact
by verifying with gpg —verify. If you got the KEYS file from Apache
and also double check the PGP key ID, then you are safe.

Ideally, all committers should get their code signing key signed by
the other committers to build a web of trust, but that is not done enough..
https://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#web-of-trust
<https://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#web-of-trust>
--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect