I wish to backport a fix from SOLR-8440 (last commit) to the release
branch. It affects only the feature introduced in SOLR-8440. Please let me
know if someone has any objections.

Also, I'm planning to build the RC in another 3-4 hours. Please let me know
if there's something that someone is working on which needs to get in
before that.

Thanks and regards,
Ishan