Hi Erick,
This change is part of replica types. I mentioned this in SOLR-10233, but you
are right, I should have mentioned probably in the dev list to get to more
people. The last character represents the type of replica (n->NRT, t->TLOG,
p->PULL). This is certainly not required and can be reverted back if people has
concerns. I found it very useful when developing and I think it will also be
helpful in prod, since the replica name is present in most log entries (since
the MDC logging changes).

Tomás