You can make an all-in-one HTML if you make an .adoc page that uses
"include" macros to pull in all the pages you want in the all-in-one
HTML page. This is exactly how the PDF is generated, and one of the
steps of the build process builds a data file that has all the pages
in the proper hierarchy. We would not want to re-use the PDF
specifically, but the data file that is built could be included in
another file that is designed for an HTML page. It would be a massive
page, however. Nice for browser-based "find", but not search.

The thing that makes the title index does have support for adding page
bodies to it for a keyword lookup, but I have no idea what the
performance implications of that would be. And, it's not search.

We still need search - none of these alternatives are search. It would
be a shame IMO to spend cycles figuring out how to make an all-in-one
HTML file or some other stopgap when someone could simply spend the
same energy figuring out how to integrate search.

Cassandra