Sounds like it's worth a JIRA to me. While not at all familiar with
that class, I suspect that changing the signature at this point would
break back-compat, so perhaps create a new c'tor and deprecate the old
one if you decide to change the arg?

I'll defer of course to people who know the code....

Best,
Erick