In an offline discussion, Cassandra Targett pointed out to me that the INFRA
issue set up to provision an additional Jenkins node for the Lucene project
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-14004> has been closed as Won’t
Fix, because:

> Per [~gstein] we will not be provisioning any more project-specific build
> nodes on our infrastructure. If they wish to provide resources, we can
> connect them to our master like Cassandra, etc.

I think that if no organization is willing to provide Jenkins hardware, we
should consider figuring out how to run Lucene/Solr tests on ASF’s
non-project-specific nodes.

Uwe (or anybody else), do you have any thoughts about this?

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com