From: Uwe Schindler [mailto:u...@thetaphi.de]
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2017 2:11 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Release a 6.6.1

Hi,

Is there any interest to maybe get the Windows Shell scripts fixed, so they
work with Java 9? Currently you cannot start Solr on Windows systems, as the
version number checking and the GC options are not working. It’s
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8689 - I am just waiting for
feedback and wanted to put it into 7.0. But if there is interest, I can
backport to 6.6, too (not yet planned).

Yesterday (before your mail), I already backported a Hadoop 2.7.2 -> 2.7.4
update, so it works now with Java 9. This made the ugly workaround obsolete
(changing java.version sysprop temporarily). This fix is now in 6.6.1 and 7.0
branch.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler