On 10/3/2017 10:11 AM, Alexandre Rafalovitch wrote:
> I am thinking of adding Javadoc @since tags to the classes. Primarily
> to the components Solr end-users would configure with (Analyzers,
> URPs), but could theoretically do it for many more over time.

+1, I like it.  I also like the idea of adding this tag on ALL new
classes/methods.  As existing code is modified, they could be gradually
added to those as well, if the correct version can be determined.  I
would want to avoid massive commits adding a large number of tags at
once that cause a lot of merge conflicts.

On a tangent, I think that @deprecated tags should include the version
where the deprecation happened.  Sometimes I think that deprecated code
is sticking around longer than it should because nobody is completely
sure when it happened.

Like others responding here, I think that javadocs in general,
particularly in Solr, could use more care and attention.  Are there any
best practices written down for Lucene javadocs that could be helpful
for Solr as well?

Thanks,
Shawn