Hey all,

I was playing around with SolrJ a bit this weekend, and the
getRequestUrl() on SolrJ's response objects caught my eye:

https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/e2521b2a8baabdaf43b92192588f51e042d21e97/solr/solrj/src/java/org/apache/solr/client/solrj/response/SolrResponseBase.java#L82

At first glance it looked like we supported fetching the underlying
URL used for individual requests, which would be a pretty neat way to
learn the Solr API, debug problems, etc.  But in practice, it looks
like the method only ever returns null, and it (and the corresponding
setter) aren't used anywhere in the codebase.  This appears to have
always been the case, going back to SOLR-20 where SolrJ was
introduced.

Was this just an oversight that could/should be fixed, or am I
misinterpreting what these methods are for?  I'm happy to take a stab
at fixing this, assuming I'm not misconstruing their purpose.  But if
they don't get fixed, maybe they should be removed from the interface,
to avoid misleading users...

Best,

Jason