+1

> On Dec 18, 2017, at 1:18 PM, Alexandre Rafalovitch <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Actually,
> 
> I think it would have to be one of the new semi-interactive manuals
> both O'Reilly and Mannings are building platforms for. Or a boxset of
> end-to-end Solr examples for interesting datasets. I think a lack of
> public pre-populated Solr play instances is a limiting factors.
> 
> Regards,
>   Alex.
> 
> 
> On 18 December 2017 at 16:07, David Smiley <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 2:49 PM Alexandre Rafalovitch <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>> 
>>> 1100+ pages...... This may well be why we don't have any new Solr
>>> books. Hard to see the angle to compete with the documentation. :-)
>> 
>> 
>> LOL right.  If I were ever forced to write another Solr book (and it would
>> be at gunpoint and with my wife leaving me) I think the book should be way
>> more of a tutorial (or multiple tutorials) + guide and/or "cookbook" style.
>> It's no longer realistic to try to document everything.
>> 
>> ~ David
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to